When I was still in high school, I was given the opportunity to give beginning piano lessons at a local music store. And I’ve been teaching piano ever since.
I love interacting with people and helping students of all ages and abilities to grow and improve as musicians. It is my mission to provide a well-rounded music education that includes learning repertoire, technique, music theory, and ear training. I emphasize classical music, but encourage my students to bring in their favorite pop songs as well.
My Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor of Music Education from the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire
- Master of Music in piano performance from St. Louis Conservatory
- Formal training in the Suzuki method
- Over 30 years of teaching experience
- Member of Music Teachers National Association
- Member of Illinois State Music Teachers Association
- Continued training through seminars and workshops
Benefits of My Piano Studio
- Individualized instruction tailored to the student’s needs
- Four group lessons each year where students perform for each other and learn music theory through games
- Yearly spring recital for family and friends
- Achievement in Music exams through the Illinois State Music Teachers Association–independent assessment of the student’s progress
- Prizes and rewards